Tracking

Tracking

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gaumenkitzel: Berkeley, CA

I recently got to spend a week with my sisters, brother in law and nephews in San Francisco (well really Berkeley). The day after Thanksgiving we decided to go on a hike to Muir Woods, but before we left town we stopped by Gaumenkitzel to grab a pretzel.

This little bakery/restaurant had several different types of pretzels.  Naturally I opted for the salty one, but my sister ordered the one with sesame seeds so I got to try both. Now that I have been to Germany I can say that these pretzels were fairly authentic - the bread was a bit tough, minimal salt and served with butter.

I preferred the one with salt as the other one just reminded me of a bagel. I think my sister liked the one with sesame seeds better so win-win.

This Berkeley pretzel was definitely a step up from the other pretzel I had in Berkeley, but it doesn't even begin to compare to some of the tasty treats I have had the pleasure of eating in Portland. .

Gaumenkitzel also had garden gnomes scattered throughout their restaurant. This might have given them an extra cool point.

No comments:

Post a Comment