Tracking

Tracking

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hopworks Pint-"O"-Pretzels is OK

It is rare that I dislike the pretzels I eat, but the "Pint-O-Pretzels" at Hopworks on SE Powell definitely didn't blow me away. The house made beer pretzel is served in a Hopworks pint glass, which I will admit is pretty cool, but as far as the actual pretzels go - not so impressed. Think: salt-less bread-sticks. If I were to change one thing to make them better it would be to add more salt. However, in Hopworks' defense my waitress did inform me that over the years a lot of their customers prefer limited salt. Plus, they are pre-salted so the chef's don't have a lot of control apparently...

The only saving grace? Their HUB Lager mustard and cheese sauce. Now that was delicious. The waitress even gave me an extra cheese sauce to take with me and my left over pretzels.


Just because I am not a fan of this Pint-O-Pretzels, doesn't necessarily mean I don't recommend others try it. In fact, I would say that people should probably try it as I am finding out more and more that I might have an excessive affinity for salt, and some are just not salt people. Plus Hopworks is a pretty cool place and one of Portland's first Eco-Brewpubs. I am a fan of their Bike Bar on N. Williams.

If you are still a bit skeptical after reading this post you can always try this pretzel for a dollar cheaper during their Happy Hour (3-6 daily, 9-close Sunday-Thursday and 10-close Friday-Saturday.) If you do, tweet @PDXPretzels and let me know what you think.

Pint-O-Pretzels is OK...saving grace? HUB Lager mustard and cheese dips 

No comments:

Post a Comment